Sunday, May 18, 2014

Daddy Cute, Baby Sad, & The Zoo!

*  Chloe is SUCH a daddy's girl.  She wants to go everywhere he goes at all times, so when he left to go to the Base, she was devastated.  She cried for several minutes after he left, calling out, "Daddy!!!!!"  I hugged her and said, "Daddy will be right back. I know you're sad.  You love Daddy, huh?"  She responds with "Yes.  Daddy cute!"  I laughed and said, "Daddy IS cute!"  She said, "Yes.  And Silly.  Daddy cute and silly."

* Last night, Chloe woke up screaming in the middle of the night. She never does that, so I went in to check on her. I found her still lying down, crying her little eyes out.me: What's wrong sweetie?

Chloe: I CWY-ING!
me (picking her up):I know you're crying, honey. Why?
Chloe: BABY SAD!!!!! Mama Wock!

So, I rocked her for a couple of minutes, and she went back to sleep almost instantly. I think she must've had a bad dream, but it broke my heart that she was "cwying" because "baby sad!"

*  Today we had a re-do of our Mother's Day celebration from last weekend.  Last weekend, I had wanted to go to the zoo, but I knew it would be crowded because Moms get in for free.  Since we are members and can go any time, we decided to wait.  On Mother's Day, we went to IHOP for dinner (I love doing breakfast for dinner), but the experience was less than impressive.  I had to ask for not one, but TWO new dishes as my water glass had something on the inside of the glass that was flaking off into my water and the coffee cup had LIPSTICK on it that smeared off when I wiped over it with my thumb.  YUCK!  Then, the pancakes I ordered tasted like they'd been frozen and reheated.  I felt completely rushed, and it was just not a good experience.

So, today we went to Cracker Barrel (one of my favorites!).  Chloe loves going there because there is so much to do and look at while we wait for our table.  She played for a while, and then we went to our seat where she played with the little peg game that they have on all the tables.  I was so happy to see her actually eat her meal for a change.  We ordered her shrimp and french fries, and she actually ate quite a bit of both of them along with a piece of bacon from my plate.  She also got to try chocolate milk for the first time... it was a hit!

After Cracker Barrel, we headed off to the zoo.  We hadn't been yet this season, so we had been talking it up to her.  She had been letting us know all morning that all she wanted to see was the "cute goats" and the "eeee-ooohs" (monkeys).

It was a crowded day at the zoo, but nothing like it would've been last week.  When we got there, we went straight to the petting zoo, where she wasn't at all afraid of the goats.  We got her a handful of food to feed them, and she very carefully fed them one at a time (she was very popular among the goats for a short time). We spent a good chunk of time in there with her petting them and exclaiming how "cute" and "soft" they were.  She was also excited to see the camels across the fence from the goats.  Some of the other favorite attractions:  the swimming penguins, the hippos (who do not have "potty power" because they poop in the water), the baby "eeee-oooh" playing with the daddy "eeee-oooh," and the tall giraffes.

We were all completely wiped out but can't wait to go back and do it again soon (gotta get our money's worth from that membership, right?  LOL)

No comments:

Post a Comment