Friday, June 6, 2014

Our Big Girl

*  Chloe loves to sing!  She sings us new songs all the time.  Currently, her favorite is the Barney song.  It goes like this:  Yellow Zoo!  Yellow Me! Happy Family! Great Big Hug, Kissy me you! Wo-chee, wo-chee, wo-chee ME!!!!!!!!!

* Some other songs she's singing these days are the B-I-B-L-E, Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, and of course Wheels On The Bus is still a favorite!

* Three nights ago, we moved Chloe to her "big girl" bed.  We'd attempted the transition from crib to toddler bed a few months ago, and it did NOT go over well.  This time, rather than converting her crib (as we did the first time), we actually purchased a "fire engine" bed on Craigslist.  I wasn't a fan (it doesn't match her room at all), but I had to admit it would cute and she'd love it.  I made a deal with Jeff that if he could sell her old stroller on CL for enough to pay for the bed, we could get it.  Wouldn't you know, less than 24 hrs after he listed the stroller, we were picking up the new bed!

The first few nights were a little interesting because she was nervous.  We had her new bed fixed up with Bubble Guppies sheets, but she was still unsure.  It was so different!  Each of the 3 nights, we sat in there with her until she fell asleep.  She hadn't napped in the bed yet (we're going through a no-nap phase), but today she NEEDED a nap.  I went in there with her for a bit just to get her settled, but I left the room before she was asleep.  I checked on the security camera a few minutes later and found her sitting in her bed playing toys.  About 20 minutes later, I checked again, and she was sound asleep!  Talk about a milestone!

Now that she's had 3 night AND a nap, I think it's fair to say that we can list the crib on Craigslist now.  We could sure use the space and the cash!

*  In other news, Jeff went in for a TB test a few weeks ago as part of his application for his substitute teaching license.  Imagine our surprise when it came back positive!  So, I went and had a test done, too, and mine was also positive!  What the heck??  Jeff has already seen the doctor and has been put on 9 months of meds to get rid of the latent TB.  I'll see the doctor on Monday to find out if I have to be treated as well. Latent TB is not contagious, but it CAN turn to active TB if our immune systems are compromised later. We have no idea when we might've been exposed.  Once we talk to the doctor about my results, I plan to contact Chloe's pediatrician to find out if we need to have her tested.

* We got some bad news about my mom this week.  She's been struggling to breathe since December, and she finally got in to see a lung specialist.  After having a lung function test done, the doctor found that her lungs were only functioning at 74%.  She's in the beginning stages of COPD (emphysema).  While this is horrible news in itself, it's hitting me even harder since we just watched my grandma pass away from this in 2012.  It's a terrible illness, and grandma had no quality of life for the last year or two.  I'm so afraid for my mom.



No comments:

Post a Comment