Friday, June 26, 2015

House Sale and June 2015 Randomness

First of all, our big news is that we finally have an offer on our rental house at 824 S. Broadview! That thing has been an absolute nightmare... such a money pit. In the 5 years that we've been together, we've had to sink money into it each year. We aren't going to be able to sell it for enough to cover all of our debt that we put into it, but at this point, it's time to just cut our losses and move on. We'll save somewhere around $700 or so each month once the sale is final, so we can just make payments and whittle that credit card down until it's paid off.

Our final sales price was $65k, and we have to pay $5000 in other costs for the buyer. So, basically, we are selling it for $60k. We would've needed to sell it to closer to $85k to break even, but that's ok. I'm just super thankful to finally have an end in sight!

-------------------------

"Hey Mama? Remind me that we need to buy more raisins, ok?" - Chloe, age 3

--------------------------------

"Daddy, you smell like arm pit!" - Chloe, age 3

(She speaks the truth though. And I don't smell so great either. We both just finished working out. LOL)

-------------------------------

Jeff & I bought one of those big above-ground pools for our back yard. It was 12 ft across and about 2 1/2 ft deep. We thought it would be a fun, cheap way to spend the summer (it was only $60). Unfortunately, as Jeff started getting it set up, we realized our yard was WAY too sloped to be able to make it work. To the naked eye, it didn't seem bad, but with the pool out there, we couldn't deny that it was NOT level. Jeff did the math, and it would probably have taken a couple hundred dollars in sand/materials (and not to mention TIME) to get it set up and working properly.

So, Jeff took it down (we already had about a foot of water in it) and returned it to WalMart. Chloe really wanted a little plastic pool, so she chose this little pink $5 beauty and couldn't have been happier! This was MUCH easier than the big pool!

-----------------------------

So so so proud of my oldest daughter Kendra (aka "Sissy"). She'll be a senior in the fall, and is really anxious about college & scholarships. She's been working so hard to get her ACT score up. She just got her results, and she's up to a 28! She still may take it again, but we're thrilled with this. She's come such a long way!

-------------------------

Rhys (aka "brother") graduated high school in Chico, CA earlier this month. We were sad that Jeff wasn't able to travel out there to be with him. Rhys will be going to Chico State in the fall!
-----------------------
Chloe Teaches the fine art of Thumb-sucking


-----------------------

We're going tomorrow to check out a preschool for Chloe for the fall. We were talking about it tonight, and I asked Chloe to guess where we were going.

C: Ummm can you give me some clues?
me: Ok, well... it's a place with children and teachers, and they learn stuff.
C: (thinking) hmmmm does it have a mouse?
me: Nope, no mouse.
C: I know! Is it Disneyland?!?!?!!?

Where does she even come up with this stuff?

-----------------------------

About the preschool -

She seriously loved it as if it WERE Disneyland! We got there and were talking to the Director. The other kids were playing in the water (it was Water Day for a summer activity), I looked back to say something to Chloe and all I saw were her sandals. She'd taken off her shoes and joined in the fun. Before all was said and done, she had gone back to the classroom and had a popsicle with the kids. Now she can't WAIT to go back to school! I only wish we didn't have to wait until September!

That night, after visiting the preschool, when she prayed at bedtime, she said, "And thank you, God, for my new teacher Emily and all of my new friends." *melt*

-----------------------------

Chloe had her baby on the sofa, and covered her up with a blanket. She says, "I need to call the doctor. My baby is sick."

So, she picks up her little block and pretends it's a phone:

"Hello Doctor. This is Chloe. That's C-H-L-O-E. My baby is sick Please help her. Bye."

------------------------------

Me: Hey Bean, come here!
Chloe: I'm not a bean!
Me: You're not? What are you?
Chloe: I'm cwoey! The gweatest guhl in the whole wide wohld and even the whole city!

-----------------------------

Chloe has been driving me absolutely bonkers this morning:

Me: (on the brink of snapping) Chloe! Do you want to go outside with Daddy?
Chloe: YES!! YES YES!!
Me: Then stop being a pill!
Chloe: I'M NOT A PILLOW!!!!

----------------------------

Chloe opens up the bathroom door while I'm... indisposed.

C: Oh hi mama! Whatcha doin?

Me: I'm going potty. Can I please have some privacy?

(Closing the door and coming further into the room)

C: Ok! I'll have some privacy with you!

--------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment